Hello out there in Foodie Land! I've got a doozy for you: Lemon 7-upcakes. It's been one of those days and we needed a pick-me-up in the office. Who doesn't enjoy a little lemony treat every now and then? It's been a little rainier than what we're used to in Southern California so cupcakes are definitely what the doctor ordered.
This recipe is adapted from this one. I had never made cupcakes from scratch and it wasn't as hard as I thought it might be. I thought the 7-up was a nice little added kick to these treats but that's optional. I encourage you to do (or use) whatever you would like and just have fun! If you're feeling really adventurous, you might throw a cherry on top! Let's get to the main event, shall we?
- 2 1/2 c Alta Artisan Flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 tbsp Honeyville Powdered Butter + 4 tbsp warm water
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 c 7-up
- 4 oz. water
- 3/4 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 c Instawhip
- 6 tbsp Honeyville Powdered Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
- Whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl, with a mixer (I didn't use one and my arm felt as if it would fall off), until light and fluffy. Beat eggs and egg yolks 1 at a time into the cream mixture on low. Beat lemon juice into the butter mixture.
- Add wet ingredients into the flour and mix well on low.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes. When done, let them cool for 10 minutes.