The first Thai dish I ever made at home was chicken and broccoli in a peanut sauce. Thai Peanut Chicken & Broccoli has been a favorite ever since. It is a quick and easy stir fry with bold flavor and it comes together in about 30 minutes. Perfect for a weeknight dinner.
I do this in three steps so there is only one dirty frying pan and one dirty serving bowl. No one likes washing dishes. First, I cook the chicken and transfer that to a serving bowl. Next, I steam the veggies and then add them to the serving bowl. Last, I made the sauce in the same pan and add back the chicken and veggies to the sauce.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil 2.5 - 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 lb broccoli
- 1 cup baby carrots, quarted lengthwise
- 1/2 of a medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Honeyville Peanut Butter Powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 in piece of ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup roasted salted peanuts
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken into cooked through. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add the onions and carrots to the frying pan. Cook for 3 minutes to soften. Add the broccoli and cover. You may need to add a couple ounces of water if there isn't enough cooking liquid from the chicken. Cook the broccoli for 4-5 minutes or until desired tenderness. Transfer the veggies to the serving bowl.
- Add the first 5 sauce ingredients to the frying pan and whisk. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and veggies and toss in the sauce. Garnish with the peanuts and serve.
(All photos by: Taryn of Joy Filled Eats)
I’m Taryn the creator behind Joy Filled Eats. The kitchen has always been a joy filled place in my life. I enjoy spending time baking, cooking, and creating recipes. Even in the midst of dieting and weight loss food should bring JOY. I have lost 54 pounds and enjoyed every bite. My recipes are all gluten and sugar free. Most are also low carb and grain free.