Cheat night-not! Chocolate Banana Split NutButter in a Cup night!!! This is the dessert of my dreams: high protein, good fats, no sugar and loaded with antioxidants. Wow, that was a mouthful, literally! I offer my dairy-free version of this dessert below, yet with one simple adjustment you can make this with full fat grass-fed whipping cream. How you decide to proceed all depends on whether you are dairy-free or not.
For those of you new to this site or not familiar with me, I am Tina Turbin founder of the award-winning website: PaleOmazing. I love creating delicious grain-free and always gluten-free recipes that empower the body and do not have a load of unnecessary unhealthy carbohydrates. I am a diagnosed celiac with two of my three kids also diagnosed with CD and all of my recipes are keen towards better nutrition. I have been working in this arena professionally for well over 10 years now and love to share my recipes on my site where there are hundreds more: PaleOmazing or go to www.PaleOmazing.com and check them out.
Every once in a while I am ready for a little treat but I am really not into treats that make me feel horrible hours later or the next day. I don’t want to share food that will do that for others either or that will not help in fat loss goals. I hope with recipes like this you too can get away from too many of those "not really healthy recipes", and see how one like this can taste delicious and be nutritious.
Do let me know how you like it! You can always ask me any questions via my website PaleOmazing.
- 2 - ¼ cups cold almond milk (make your own or use store bought full-fat)
- 3 heaping tablespoons almond, cashew or macadamia nut butter
- 4 heaping tablespoons Organic Cacao or pure Dutch Chocolate
- 3 good and ripe cold bananas (not frozen)
- 10-12 drops Luo Han Guo or to taste
- ½ cup grass fed whipping cream or ½ can refrigerated full fat coconut cream (drain coconut water)
- Cacao for dusting
- Ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender (don’t include the cream) and blend on HIGH! Include the ice and only 2 bananas.
- Whip your whipping cream (grass-fed or coconut) with a hand mixer until it is soft yet lumpy and holds its shape.
- Add some ice cubes to thicken the mixture to your desire as it will be thick already.
- Take 2-3 cups and slice your remaining banana into each cup - nice sized chunks.
- Pour the Chocolate Banana Split NutButter over the sliced bananas.
- Top with whipped cream and dust with cacao.
- Eat with a spoon or straw.