Longing for an oatmeal cookie but can’t have oats and trying to stay off the refined sugar? Me too! I can’t eat oats, which was such a shame because I really love oatmeal cookies. Now I can enjoy the taste of authentic oatmeal cookies with ground almonds, Honeyville’s almond flour and their delicious coconut palm sugar. Did you know there’s beneficial minerals in palm sugar!
Right after they come out of the oven, into almond milk or a cup of coffee with coconut creamer. Each soggy bite is so scrumptious—sigh . . . what pleasure!
1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Honeyville’s almond flour
16 ounces almonds – ground up by pulsing on “pulse” setting until a lot coarser than meal
2 jumbo eggs
1 stick grass fed butter, melted
1 1/3 cups coconut palm sugar or date sugar, finely ground
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Shape and press the dough with your hands into fairly flat 4” – 5” cookies, a third to a quarter inch thick (fairly thin).
- Keep 2 inches apart from one another (They will spread on the pan once heated).
- When you put them in the oven, turn it down to 275 F degrees.
- Stay by oven and watch for 5-7 minutes.
Note: The longer they cook, the crispier “oatmeal flavor” cookie you will get.
Tina Turbin Copyright © 2013 Tina Turbin