Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Almond Flour Raisin Cinnamon Muffins

















Hello Honeyville Fans! It's so great to be back with you discussing my new book, The Plan Cookbook, and sharing another one of my favorite recipes using Honeyville's Blanched Almond Flour.

I was so excited to have The Plan Cookbook featured on Fox and Friends with Elisabeth Hasselbeck this past month!

Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Lyn-Genet on Fox & Friends.
After thumbing through the cookbook Elisabeth decided that today's recipe was the dish she wanted me to feature on the show that day. We decided at the last minute to make this gluten-free muffin dairy-free as well, because there are often so many cross-allergens, especially for those of us who have a wheat allergy. It's just as easy to sub out the coconut oil for butter if dairy is not an issue!

I had so much fun making this recipe with Elisabeth, that I knew I had to bring it to all of you. So, here is my delicious Almond Flour Raisin Cinnamon Muffins, which you can find in my The Plan Cookbook. Enjoy!

Lyn-Genet, Executive Director of Nutrition
lyngenet.com













Ingredients:
2 Tbsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Cardamom
Pinch Cloves
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
5 Eggs
2 Tbsp Raw Honey
2 Tbsp Applesauce
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Raisins
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and baking soda and mix thoroughly.

In a large bowl, combine the eggs, honey, applesauce, coconut oil, raisins, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix thoroughly.

Pour batter into muffin tins, lined with cupcake lines.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and serve warm.

2 comments:

Merry | Sunshine On My Shoulder said...

These muffins look wonderful and i am going to try them this weekend in my solar oven. I am always on the lookout for new gluten free recipes because my husband is GF and he loves the cinnamon raisin flavor combo. But it also is wonderful that I can use my food storage products. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I made these muffins and they stuck to the paper muffin liners like crazy! In the future I would make sure to make them in the foil liners sprayed with oil.