Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pressure Cooker Beef Stew
















What's your favorite winter meal? For me, it has to be stew! That warm, hearty bowl of meat, vegetables, and broth, always warms my soul and stomach during these chilly months.

I can still remember coming in to my childhood home and being greeted with a bowl of my mom's famous skier's stew! Chuck full of potatoes, carrots, and large dices of beef, this stew was always a tradition in our family home and was the perfect December and January meal.

While I know I can't recreate my mom's famous stew, I wanted to find the perfect stew recipe for you and your family to enjoy, with a Honeyville twist on it of course. With all the amazing freeze dried and dehydrated foods we carry, I knew there had to be the perfect recipe out there for a delicious bowl of steamy goodness! I have found such a recipe. Combining some of your favorite Honeyville ingredients and cooking them up in literally minutes in the Pressure Cooker, we've created a stew that is sure to be a hit in your family for generations to come! Grab your favorite spoon, it's time for Pressure Cooker Beef Stew!

Ingredients:
3-4 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 cups Honeyville Freeze Dried Beef Dices
1 cup Honeyville Dehydrated Potato Dices
1/2 cup Honeyville Dehydrated Onions
1/4 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Peas
1/4 cup Honeyville Dehydrated Carrots
1/4 cup Honeyville Dehydrated Celery
2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Rosemary
1/2 tsp Thyme
1 Bay Leaf
1 Garlic Clove
6 cups Beef or Chicken Stock or Water

Directions:
First, combine all your ingredients.

Ingredients-in-Pressure-Cooker











In your Fagor Pressure Cooker, combine ingredients in the following order: Olive oil, beef, potato dices, onions, peas, carrots, celery, salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary, thyme bay leaf, and garlic clove. Pour broth over the top, stir 1-3 times, then lock lid in place.

Pressure Cooker











Cook in pressure cooker for 8 minutes.

Cooked-Stew











Once done cooking, release pressure and remove lid. Stir stew 2-3 times, then scoop up and serve.

Beef-Stew











This stew bakes up perfect, with a delicious blend of aroma and taste. The different spices fill your palate with a flavor explosion, while the amazing smell fills your kitchen with a warm, amazing aroma. Warm, hearty, and packed full of delicious goodness, this is the perfect, easy-to-make stew you and your family have been waiting for!

Stew











What's winter without stew? Make up some Pressure Cooker Beef Stew to help melt away your winter blues!

3 comments:

Margaret J said...

Could you tell me how to do this with fresh meat. I'm out of beef dices and can't get anymore until I go to Phoenix in January. I don't know the amount I'd use or if I would have to cook it first before adding all the other ingredients. Any advice would be great as this looks delicious.

In The Kitchen With Honeyville said...

Margaret,

It would be the equivalent of 2 lbs of beef. We'd suggest browning the beef before cooking it with the other ingredients.

Margaret J said...

Thank you so much! My husband and I can't wait to try it. Merry Christmas!