Grain-free muffins made with fresh, whole food ingredients are one of my family’s favorite breakfast foods, which is why they can be found in one form or another in each of my weekly meal plans!
This recipe is a special favorite, which is why I’m pleased to be able to share it with you and all of my friends here at Honeyville Farms.
A blast from the past, Morning Glory Muffins first debuted in 1978 at the Morning Glory Café in Nantucket. Their popularity led to the recipe being published in Gourmet Magazine in 1981, and since then they've been enjoyed by adoring fans around the world.
This grain-free, whole food version is made using nutritious coconut flour loaded with fresh pineapple, apple and carrot. Definitely a glorious way to start the day!
Morning Glory Muffins
Yield: 10 Muffins
• 1/2 cup Honeyville Organic Coconut Flour
• 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
• 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
• 4 large Eggs
• 1/4 cup pure Coconut Milk (*see note below)
• 1/4 cup pure Maple Syrup
• 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
• 1 tsp pure Vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup diced fresh Pineapple
• 1/3 cup grated Carrot
• 1/4 cup grated Apple
• 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded Coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 10 parchment muffin liners into a 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, *coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla, until well combined. (*Use pure full-fat coconut milk for best results. If you are not dairy-free, you may use whole milk with equally good results.)
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk well to thoroughly combine, until no lumps remain and batter begins to thicken.
5. Gently fold into the batter the diced pineapple, grated carrot and apple, and shredded coconut.
6. Evenly divide the batter among the 10 muffin cups.
7. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, until tops and edges begin to turn a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Then serve and enjoy!
Wishing you and your family a Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Blessings, Kelly at The Nourishing Home