Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Yeasted Buttermilk Fruit Bread with Chef Brad
















Fall is for baking bread.  I love baking and I love adding great things to my bread.  Recently I was doing a baking class at the Honeyville store in Rancho Cucamonga.  I love teaching there and I have loved teaching there this past year.  I have discovered so many new products and have had a great time adding them to breads.  

One of the real treats I have found at Honeyville is the Alta Artisan Flour.  I love this flour! It bakes the best breads ever.  I am a confirmed "flour snob" and this flour is by far one of the bests I've ever worked with.  The texture of the breads baked with this flour are amazing.  I also have totally started using the freeze dried fruits.  They are super in breads.  From rolls to loaf breads, I have had 100% success rate adding them to the breads that I have created.

Baking should be fun and enjoyable.  It should not be difficult or frustrating.  If that is the case you are doing something wrong.  With the proper ingredients and the right equipment anyone can bake bread. Honeyville offers both.  So here is a great recipe for your holiday baking, or for just your morning toast.  Enjoy and I do hope to see you at some upcoming classes at the Honeyville Stores.

Yeasted Buttermilk Fruit Bread

Don't just throw in all the ingredients. Follow the instructions,  it changes the end results.  

Ingredients:
3 cups Hot Water
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Agave Nectar
3 whole Eggs
1/2 cup Chopped Nuts

Yields: 3 loaves

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In your Bosch Universal Mixer add water, buttermilk powder,  mix well.  Add sour dough starter, oil, Agave, eggs, and whole grain flour.  Place the yeast on top and start kneading, add Artisan flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Start timer and knead for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes,  add the fruit, nuts, and mix only until the fruit is mixed in.  Do not knead for to long or it will destroy the texture of the fruit. Turn off mixer and form into loaves.
 Let rise until double and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven. When you place bread in oven, knock it down to 350 degrees.


This bread bakes up three delicious loaves that you can eat all at once, save for another day, or take to a friend.


The texture and color of this bread is all fall, and the taste is unbelievable.


What's your favorite bread to bake during the fall?

No comments: