Monday, October 7, 2013

Twinkie Cake Recipe














One of the best parts of having your siblings get married is the new recipes that get shared from the new set of in-laws.  Many of my family's favorite go-to foods at parties have originally come from in-laws.  This particular recipe comes from my little sister's in-laws: Twinkie Cake!  Remember how there was a time a little while ago when no one knew if they'd ever be able to eat Twinkies™ again?  Well now you can have a cake pan of them anytime!  It's a pretty straight forward recipe so let's get mixing!

Ingredients:
For the Cake:
4 cups Honeyville Yellow White Cake Mix
1/2 cup Honeyville Powdered Whole Eggs
1/2 cup Honeyville Vanilla Pudding Mix
2 cups Water
1/3 tsp. Almond Extract
14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk

For the Frosting:
1 cup Honeyville Insta-Whip
8 oz. Ice Water

Directions:
First begin by making the cake.  In a large bowl add cake mix, whole eggs, pudding mix, 2 cups water, and almond extract.  I know the 1/3 tsp. is an unusual measuring amount--just measure something more than 1/4 tsp but not quite a 1/2 tsp.


Using a hand held mixer or a stand mixer, mix on a medium speed for 3 minutes.  Stop halfway and scrape down the sides and continue mixing.  Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.


Once baked and while still warm poke holes over the entire cake.  I find using the end of a wooden spoon works great.


Next pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top.  You may need to use a rubber spatula to evenly distribute it all.


Allow the cake to continue to cool.  Before serving mix up the frosting by preparing the Insta-Whip.  Oh man I love this stuff!  Simply add the Insta-Whip mix with ice water. 


Beat on high for 3-5 minutes until peaks form.  Spread the topping of the cooled cake.


Cut a big piece for you to enjoy and then share the rest!  Refrigerate any leftovers.


I knew I'd eat the whole pan myself, so me and my daughters were "cake fairies" and dropped cake off to some of my sisters and parents who live close by.  I got several texts later on saying that the cake was so delicious and many yummy thanks for sharing.  That is one of my favorite things about food--it brings people together and it makes my taste buds happy!

At your next party share this yummy Twinkie Cake!

Happy Eating!

No comments: