Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Gluten Free Raspberry Streusel Muffins Recipe
















I am in love with Grandpa's Kitchen Gluten Free products! From the moment we first brought them to our online store, I have been completely surprised at how amazing their mixes and blends are. Not only are they extremely tasty and super easy to bake with, but they may be the closest gluten free direct substitute I have seen for regular wheat flour. Working with gluten free flours can sometimes be tough, and this flour blend is by far the simplest I've ever worked with.

I admit, I'm smitten! So you can imagine how excited I was when I found this mouth-watering Mini Streusel Loaves recipe on the back of the 2 pound bag of Grandpa's Kitchen Gluten Free Flour Blend. I made a few adjustments of my own, adding our amazing Freeze Dried Raspberries and changing from loaves to muffins, and voila! I came up with these amazing, gluten free muffins that I think you'll love! And believe me, these muffins will blow your taste buds out of the water!

Ingredients (Streusel):
1/2 cup Grandpa's Kitchen Flour Blend
1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
4 Tbsp cold Butter, cut into small pieces

(Muffins):
2 1/2 cups Grandpa's Kitchen Flour Blend
1 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Raspberries
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup melted Butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla
3/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 cup Sour Cream
2 Large Eggs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Begin by mixing the streusel ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Place mixed ingredients in the freezer.


In a medium bowl, combine flour blend, baking powder, salt, and baking soda, and whisk together.


Re-hydrated Raspberries by soaking in water. Once re-hydrated, drain excess water.


In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla and whisk until smooth.


Combine dry and wet ingredients, add raspberries, and mix together until a thick batter begins to form.


The batter will look like a very thick cake batter.


Take a greased muffin pan and drop spoonfuls of batter into each muffin cup. Fill 2/3 of the cup up. You'll find that you'll have some batter leftover. I chose to make a mini loaf in a bread tin with my leftover batter, and it turned out great!

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.


Remove from oven and sprinkle your streusel on top of each muffin.

Place back in oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.


Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes, then remove from cups and serve.


The first thing you'll be amazed at is just how moist these muffins are. Typical gluten free breads and muffins tend to be a little on the dry side, but not with these! The moist texture, combined with the sweet taste of raspberry, brown sugar, and baked pecans is a combination you simple won't be able to resist. Bake these up and serve them for breakfast in the morning, as an after-school snack, or a quick night-time family treat.


Gluten free has never tasted so good! If you haven't fallen in love with Grandpa's Kitchen Flour Blend yet, believe me, after these muffins, you will!

No comments: