Monday, August 19, 2013

Orange Creamsicle Shake Recipe

















What's the best part of summer (besides home grown tomatoes)?  The frozen drinks and treats of course!  I am a sucker for a milkshake, smoothie, snow cone, Slurpee, slush, popsicle, whatever!  I love them all!  Basically this recipe takes one of my favorite popsicles flavors and I turn it into a milkshake.  Delicious, delicious, and more delicious!

Ingredients:
3 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream (I didn't measure but I'd guess about 1 1/2 to 2 cups worth)
2 Tbsp Honeyville Orange Drink Mix Powder
2/3 cup Milk or prepared Honeyville Milk Alternative

Directions:
In a blender add your scoops of ice cream,


next add the drink mix powder,


pour the milk in,


top it with a lid and blend away!  Pour into a glass add 2 straws (because life is better with 2 straws and bonus if they are the bendy straw kind) and enjoy! 


I LOVED this!  I was even reluctant to share any but I did.  Everyone loved it.  I made someone try it who had just brushed their teeth and they still loved it!  As you can see from the pictures the shake is not going to be a bright orange but it has plenty of orange cream flavor.  Add more or less milk depending on how thick you like your milkshake.

Seriously this is summer in a glass friends! 

Happy Eating!

No comments: