Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Frozen Whipped Cream Sandwiches Recipe

















I can eat dessert just about anytime of the day!! I was first introduced to a very similar dessert a while ago during one of my dieting kicks. So recently I was reminded of this fabulous dessert and with Honeyville's Insta-whip my mouth started to water and I had to make this immediately.  And as I remember- this dessert is AMAZING!!! On a side note- have you tried Honeyville's Insta-Whip? If not, you better hurry and order some, because you will think you died and went to heaven it is so wonderful!!! With this dessert- I am not sure what it is- maybe it has something to do with freezing the graham crackers with the whip cream, or just eating the whip cream frozen. I am not sure, but all I know is you better give this one a shot! Enough about the dessert, here is the recipe!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Honeyville Insta-Whip
4 oz. ice cold Water
Favorite Honeyville Freeze Dried Fruit (optional)
Graham Crackers

Directions:
Re-hydrate your choice of freeze dried fruit. As it is re-hydrating, mix together water and insta-whip in a blender for 3-5 minutes or until the whip cream has formed. Mix together whip cream and freeze dried fruit. Spread on graham crackers, top with a graham cracker and put in freezer for a few hours until whip cream is frozen. Then enjoy like an ice cream sandwich.


 Mix together ice cold water and insta-whip. Now make sure it truly is ice cold water or it doesn't work as well (not that I know that from past experience- ha ha). Once the whip cream has formed, you can stop the blender. Watch yourself here because the whip cream is screaming out to eat it and since it's so delicious you might fall for temptation. But I dare you to taste just a little!

 
 

Take your re-hydrated fruit and mix it into the whip cream. Then lay your graham crackers out- I used a small cookie sheet and wax paper- Spread your whip cream onto the graham crackers and top with a graham cracker to form an ice cream sandwich. 


 I decided to try a plain, blueberry, and strawberry flavor. They were amazing!!!!
Enjoy!!


No comments: