Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Grab and Go Peanut Butter Trail Mix Recipe


I can't believe the summer is coming to a close and those kiddos are about to head back to school. For me, this time of the year is a mini-new years. A time to set new goals, new routines, and start the kids off on the right foot for the school year. One of the things I look at and re-evaluate is meal time. That is one of the reasons I like this recipe- I like that it is quick and easy and can be used for many things. You can add milk to it and have it as a quick breakfast cereal, throw it in your kids school lunch as a side item, or you can have it as a grab and go snack for yourself. It is very tasty and hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. Water
2 Tbsp. Honey
¼ tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 cup Honeyville Oats (I used quick oats)

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Combine peanut butter, water and honey in a bowl and stir well. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir. Spread mixture onto cookie sheet and bake for 7 -8 minutes until granola is slightly browned. Let cool until granola is crunchy. Then enjoy over the next few days!



Mix together ingredients and make sure the oats are completely covered in peanut butter mixture.  Then bake on cookie sheet.





I loved it! Even before I threw in the freeze dried fruit I tossed some onto yogurt and it was delicious!


Enjoy!!


No comments: