Monday, August 5, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe


These cookie bars saved me!  When my oldest was just a wee tiny baby she had a sensitivity to milk and soy products so that meant I was on a no-soy-no-milk diet.  It was quite the adjustment for myself, in particularly finding a treat I could eat.  You know me, always gotta have my sweets!  I stumbled upon this recipe from my mom's friend and knew it would be my go to treat during the next year (obviously I ate them without the chocolate chips during that time and it was delicious that way too).  The best part of these bars is the taste, but right up there is that you get the taste of a cookie that you want and love but also because it is in bar form it doesn't take all afternoon making batch after batch after batch. 

Ingredients:
4 Tbs. Honeyville Powdered Whole Eggs
1/2 cup Water
1 and 1/2 cups packed Honeyville Brown Sugar
2/3 cup melted Coconut Oil
1 tsp Vanilla
1 and 1/2 cups Honeyville All Purpose Flour
1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Chocolate Chips

Directions:
First whisk together the powdered eggs and water.


Add the brown sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla to the egg mixture.  Beat together on low with an electric mixture.


In a separate large bowl stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.


Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.  Mix together with an electric mixture until combined.


Stir in the chocolate chips.


Pour batter into a 9x13 pan.  Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until done.


As with most brownies or bars, wait until completely cool to cut into squares. (But I won't tell if you sneak a bite beforehand!)


I made these during nap time and even had time to clean up the kitchen before they were even done cooking.  These would be great as an after school snack or just because!

Happy Eating!

No comments: