Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mango Chia Seed Dessert Recipe

















I don't have much to say about this recipe or even a cool story to share. But what I can say is this recipe surprised me! I went into it thinking it would be interesting or that I wouldn't like it- but to my surprise it was tasty! It was light weight, cool, refreshing, and a perfect ending to a summer meal. Like I said, I was surprised, so I think you should try it and be surprised too! And if you haven't ever tried our Freeze Dried Mangos- this is the best excuse ever to open up a can and pop one in your mouth. I bet you won't be able to stop there! They are one of my favorites just to snack on!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
3/4 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Mangos
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Tbsp Honeyville Sweetened Shredded Coconut
1-2 Tbsp. Honeyville Granulated Honey

Directions:
Rehydrate mango. Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate overnight.



Not much to it- simple and quick! Enjoy!!

2 comments:

lfhpueblo said...

The Chia seeds help to thicken it up, as well as help you not absorb all the sugar. Salba or Chia seeds are good for diabetics to eat with their meals, especially if the meal has carbs in it.

Anonymous said...

What is Salba and where can you get it?
Anne