Monday, June 3, 2013

Berry Butter Recipe

I like to watch TV while I fold laundry, especially cooking shows.  I was watching The Food Network Channel and this gem of a recipe came up.  I knew it'd be perfect for my Honeyville Freeze Dried Raspberries and dinner later that night!

Ingredients:
1 Stick Butter, softened to room temperature

Directions:
First, re-hydrate the raspberries. When ready, drain well.


In a separate bowl using an electric mixture, whip the butter until light and fluffy. Fold in the raspberries with a fork.


Place about 12 inches of foil on the counter. Add a same sized piece of plastic wrap on top. Spoon out the whipped butter in a line, leaving space a few inches on either end.


Carefully roll up and twist the ends closed, like you would a Tootsie Roll.


Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden and hold it's shape. Then transfer to the fridge until ready to use.  I made waffles using our Honeyville Blueberry Pancake Mix and thought the Berry Butter would be a wonderful addition. I was TOTALLY right :)  Unwrap the butter and you will have a wonderful marbled stick of berry butter.


Slice pats of butter and add on top of the hot waffles.  Top with hot syrup to further melt the butter and enjoy every bite!

I was surprised how just a little of this berry butter added a big flavor to the meal.  I had the butter on waffles but I think it'd be great with a dinner roll, on some toast, or a Honeyville Scone!  You could easily substitute any of Honeyville Freeze Dried Berries.

Happy Eating!

No comments: