Thursday, May 16, 2013

Corn Salad Recipe

















Ever see a recipe and think "I must try this.  I must try this soon.  I must try this NOW!"  Well that is how I would describe it when I found the original recipe from spryliving.com.  I've tweaked it a bit for my taste buds and, of course, added my favorite Honeyville products.  Now after eating this yummy side dish my taste buds are begging for more.

Ingredients:
2 cups Honeyville Freeze Dried Corn
1 cup (prepared) Honeyville Black Beans or Honeyville Quick Cook Black Beans
1/2 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Bell Peppers
1/2 Red Onion diced (about 2/3 cup)
1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
4 Roma Tomatoes diced
2 Avocados diced
juice of 1/2 Lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp Salt
Optional: Crumbled Cotija Cheese crumbled

Directions:
First rehydrate only the corn.  Drain well.  In a large bowl combine all the ingredients through the avocados. 


Juice the lemon over the ingredients.  Have you been into one of the retail locations recently and seen all their new kitchen gadgets?  I am loving this juicer!


Sprinkle in the smoked paprika and salt.  Toss to coat everything and mix well. 


Refrigerate before serving if desired.  I wouldn't make it too far ahead though.  If desired sprinkle the top with crumbled cotija cheese.


I served this yummy side with some shredded pork burritos and fruit.  It was a very yummy dinner! Take this corn salad to your next family gathering or barbecue-it is easy and delicious!  I think you could even make a vegetarian taco salad from this by adding a lettuce and maybe some crushed tortilla chips and splash of lime juice.  Maybe I'll experiment with lunch tomorrow...

Happy Eating!

No comments: