Monday, February 25, 2013

Chicken Potpie Pasta Recipe

















I love potpie.  I love pasta.  Put them together and I love chicken potpie pasta!  This has all the flavors that you love in a potpie but lots easier and faster to make.  That's a win-win folks :)

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Peas
1/3 cup Honeyville Dehydrated Onion
1/3 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Celery
1/2 cup Honeyville Dehydrated Carrots
2 cups Honeyville Freeze Dried Chicken
1/4 tsp Chef Tess All Purpose Spice Blend
4 cups Penne Pasta
1/4 cup Honeyville All Purpose Flour
3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
2 cups Water
1 tsp Shirley J Chicken Bouillon
Salt and Pepper to taste


Directions:
Rehydrate all of the Honeyville products according to package directions and drain.  (Sometimes I can hydrate things all together but this time I kept them all separate.  I never put onions together with anything because they can be super potent and take over other flavors, in my humble opinion.)

In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta noodles about 9 minutes or until done.  Drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt butter over medium high heat.


To the skillet add the onions, carrots, and celery and cook for a few minutes until the onions begin to become soft and translucent.


Add flour and stir about 1 minute until everything is coated and flour and butter is absorbed.  Add in the water, bouillon and spice blend, stirring constantly.  Bring the sauce to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes.

Add in peas and chicken.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Continue cooking about 1 minute.


Add in noodles and toss to combine.


Dish into individual bowls and enjoy!


Happy Eating!



1 comment:

lfhpueblo said...

I'm a chicken pot pie lover too, so I'll be trying this recipe.