Tuesday, January 8, 2013

French Breakfast Puffs Recipe

One of the best things that I discovered shortly after I married my beautiful wife were the amazing treats and meals that her wonderful mom made. It seemed as though every time we'd go over to my in-laws house during the first year of our marriage, my taste buds were introduced to a new and delicious flavor combination that they had never before experienced! You can imagine how excited I was to find out that nearly every one of those recipes stored away in my mother-in-laws memory had also been learned and mastered by my own wonderful wife.

One of those recipes that I request again and again are her famous French Breakfast Puffs! These are so delicious that I thought it was only fair that I share it with all of you, especially since many of the ingredients can be found right now in your Food Storage Pantry. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Honeyville Ova Easy Egg Crystals
3 Tbsp Water
1 1/2 cup Honeyville All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 tsp Honeyville La Suprema Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 cup Milk

Topping Ingredients:
1/2 cup Butter (melted)
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Chef Tess Wise Woman of the East Spice

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together with an electric mixer or by hand. If mixing by hand, soften, but don't melt, the butter.


Take a greased muffin tray and scoop heaping spoonfuls into each muffin tin. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.


For Topping:
Mix sugar and Chef Tess Wise Woman of the East spice in a bowl. Melt butter in a seperate bowl.

 
 
Remove muffins from oven tins as soon as they're out of the oven.


While still warm, roll each in the melted butter, then in the bowl of cinnamon and sugar, and place on cooling rack.


This is a great recipe not only for Breakfast but also for snacktime or any party or get together.


These moist, buttery puffs of goodness will get you plenty of fans, but I warn you, you won't be able to eat just one!

2 comments:

Healthwoman said...

Egg crystals? Can you just use eggs? Would love to try the recipe, thanks!

Cookin' Cousins said...

Hi Healthwoman,

Yes, you can substitute one egg for the Ova Easy Egg Crystals. But the Ova Easy Egg Crystals are just as good and are super easy to use. If you substitute the egg, then remove the 3 Tbsp of water.