Monday, December 3, 2012

Coconut Flour Banana Muffins Recipe

With the growing excitement over Honeyville's Organic Coconut Flour, I felt like I was missing the boat if I didn't try it for myself. So I ran to Honeyville, grabbed me a bag, and started researching all the yummy recipes that I can make using coconut flour. The first one I tried was banana muffins and I look forward to the other delicious desserts I get to make! Hmmmm.....mmmmm.....desserts, I just love desserts!! Here is the muffin recipe for you:
 
Ingredients:
3/4 cup Honeyville Powdered Eggs + 1 1/2 cups water
2 cup ground Honeyville Freeze Dried Banana's + 1/2 cup water
2 Tbs. Butter (melted)
2 Tbs. Oil
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/8 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tbs. Brown Sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grind freeze dried bananas and add 1/2 cup water. Let it soak up the water for a few minutes and then give it a stir. 
Mix eggs, water, bananas, butter, oil, prepared milk, honey, vanilla, and salt. Slowly add in and stir flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well.
Drop into greased or lined muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy as a side, a quick breakfast or a snack. Happy Baking!


1 comment:

Deborah Jennings said...

I love banana bread, muffins, whatever you want to call it! =) I'm gonna have to order some coconut flour and make some of these.