Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Brownie Bites Recipe

This time of year I do a lot more baking than any other time.  There is no need to re-invent the wheel with treats that I bake for either a neighbor treat or pot luck party.  Honeyville Fudge Brownies have always been a favorite of mine.  I dressed them up a little by baking them in a mini muffin tin and dusting the tops with some powdered sugar.  By making them in a smaller size each and every bite has an "edge" piece, they are easier and prettier to serve, the powdered sugar dust looks like snow, and mini food is just cute! 

1 (19.8 oz) Honeyville Fudge Brownie Mix
4 Tbsp. Honeyville Powdered Whole Egg
3/4 cup Water
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
Powder Sugar for dusting

In a bowl combine all ingredients.  Mix by hand until well combined.  Scoop about 1 Tbsp. of batter into each slot of a greased mini muffin pan.  Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.  The brownie bites are done when a toothpick is inserted in the middle of the brownie and comes out clean.  Let the brownies cool.  Using a sifter with powdered sugar gently tap the sides to dust the brownies.

I loved that these are so simple and yummy.  As I am looking back at the picture I realized that some crushed up candy canes sprinkled on top would be delightful too!  The easiest way to remove the brownie bites for me was to let them cool to a point where I could hold the pan with my bare hands. With the pan on it's side I gently nudged the side of each bite with a toothpick to loosen.  The bite would easily come out and I then set them on a wire rack to cool completely.

Happy Eating!

1 comment:

Deborah Jennings said...

These are a great idea! I don't have your mix, but I do have a from scratch recipe using cocoa powder. These will be great for Christmas parties and snacks.