Monday, November 5, 2012

Taco Pasta Salad Recipe


I love pasta.  I love Mexican food.  Put them together and what do you get: Taco Pasta Salad!  This recipe is a great change of pace from your typical pasta salad.  I got the original recipe from thesweetlife.com but I have adapted it to meet my family's taste preferences.

Ingredients:
4 cups Bowtie Pasta
1/2 cup Honeyville Quick Cook Red Beans
1/2 cup Honeyville Quick Cook Black Beans
1 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Corn
1/4 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Monterey Jack Cheese
2 Tbsp chopped Cilantro
1-2 Tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup Salsa
1 Avocado, chopped
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Chef Tess Southwest Fajita Seasoning

Directions:
Rehydrate Honeyville products according to their package directions.  Drain well.  Boil pasta until al dente.  Rinse with cold water.  In a large bowl combine beans, corn, cheese, cilantro, tomatoes, and salsa.  Once the pasta has cooled add to the bowl.  Make the dressing in a separate bowl by whisking together the olive oil, lime juice, and Chef Tess seasoning.  Pour about 1/2 the dressing over the pasta and toss to coat.  Taste and add more dressing if desired.  Chill salad until ready to serve.  Right before serving add the chopped avocado.

The thing about pasta salads (or any salad really) is that it is so easy to adapt it to meet your family's likes.  We don't love cilantro so feel free to add more. Try adding sliced olives, or make it even heartier by adding some kidney beans.  It was easy enough to throw together (the hardest part was chopping the tomatoes!).  I love Honeyville products because the prep work is done for you--I just have to add water and I am good to go!

Happy Eating!


1 comment:

Chef Tess said...

Okay this sounds yummy! I agree with you on the prep work being done for you with Honeyville products. I feel like I've turned into a lazy chef for how little chopping I do anymore! xoxo!