Monday, September 10, 2012

German Pancakes Recipe

 
Breakfast is served my friends!  We always called it "German Pancakes" growing up (don't know what makes it "German" or "Pancake").  It is simple enough that I was making it at age 10!  I love my breakfast and this is a nice change from typical bread based meals. You can make this in two 8 inch round pans or save a dish and make it in one 9x13 pan.

Ingredients:
6 OvaEasy Eggs (8 scoops OvaEasy powder + 12 scoops cold water, then whisk together)
1/4 cup Honeyville Instant Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
1 cup Water
1 cup Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Sugar
5 Tbsp. Butter, melted

Directions:
Whisk together OvaEasy Eggs, Flour, Salt, Sugar.  In a separate container whisk to combine milk powder and water.  Slowly stream milk into egg mixture while continuously whisking.  In a 9x13 pan pour in melted butter and spread butter around to evenly coat bottom of pan.  Pour batter into pan.  Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Whenever I open the oven door to take it out I always think to myself "It's Alive!"

 
It gets all puffy and has a cool shape.  I try to impress my kids and nieces and nephews at this point with the shape of their breakfast.  However, once out of the hot oven it will begin to deflate but the deliciousness stays the same!  I prefer mine served with maple syrup.  My husband and daughter had NO IDEA I had used egg crystals or milk powder instead of traditional ingredients.  It wasn't until I had him look at my post that he was clued in!  I love my Honeyville Food Storage Foods!

Happy Eating!


No comments: