Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cheesy Baked Quinoa Recipe

 
 Since I have started testing out recipes for this blog, I have come to REALLY enjoy Quinoa! At first, I thought it had a weird texture, kind of bland tasting, and was just too different for me. BUT that is SOOOOO not the case....I look forward to recipes that call for quinoa or rice because then I can substitute the rice for quinoa if I want. So, moral of the story, don't be scared to try quinoa and try it several times. It is yummy! 
Today I tried a Cheesy Baked Quiona and now my mind is spinning with the different varieties I could try. 

Ingredients:
1 cup Honeyville Quinoa (pre-cooked measurement)
2 cups combo of Honeyville Freeze Dried Vegetables (you choose your favorites!)
1 cup prepared Honeyville Milk Alternative
2 cups Honeyville Freeze Dried Cheddar Cheese
3 scoops Ova-Easy Eggs + 4 scoops water (about 2 eggs worth)
1 clove of garlic
1/2 tsp. Seasoning Salt
Salt and Pepper
Bread Crumbs

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Drain and rinse. Re-hydrate vegetables and cheese according to package instructions. Whisk eggs, milk, and seasoning salt together. Add quiona, vegetables, and cheese. Mix. Put in a greased 9x13 pan, top with bread crumbs and bake for 20-25 mins. 

Side notes: This recipe was very good. Next time I make it I think I will do a full teaspoon of seasoning salt and add some Freeze Dried Onions. The veggies I used this time were Freeze Dried Broccoli, Peas, Corn, and Zucchini. Also, as I mentioned before about varieties, I think you could totally turn this into a quiche like dish and add some ham. hmmmm.....mmmmmm.....now I am thinking!

Anyways, ENJOY!!!! 


No comments: