Monday, August 13, 2012

Sausage Wonton Bites Recipe


These Sausage Wonton Bites are dangerously good. Like the "I can't believe I just ate 5 but I still want a few more" type of good.  It doesn't hurt that I think they look fancy and impressive when you serve them.  These bites of goodness would be great as an appetizer at your next party or serve everybody a few extra and you've got dinner.  This recipe was adapted from tasteofhome.com.

Ingredients:
1 (12 oz) package of Wonton Wrappers
1 and 1/2 cups Honeyville Freeze Dried Sausage
2 cups Honeyville Freeze Dried Colby Cheese
1 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Bell Peppers
1 and 1/2 Tbsp Honeyville Dehydrated Onions
1/2 cup Ranch Salad Dressing

Directions:
Begin by rehydrating all of the Honeyville products according to package directions and drain well.  Take the Wonton wrappers and lightly press them down the sides and bottom of a greased mini muffin tin.  Take it from me that you want to try and keep these wrappers as open as possible.  It'll make filling them easier.


Bake in 350 preheated oven for 5 to 8 minutes until edges are browned.  In a bowl stir together all remaining ingredients. 

Obviously this picture is pre-stir but I wanted to show how awesome the product is.  I love that Honeyville products are always ready to go by just adding water! 
Spoon about a tablespoon of filling into each Wonton cup. 


Bake for an additional 6-10 minutes until filling is heated through.  Makes about 48 Wonton Bites.


Seriously try them--you'll thank me later!

Happy Eating!

2 comments:

Cami said...

These are so darn good!

Chef Tess said...

Brilliant!! I love this idea! Rock-Star-Cool!!