Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Very Strawberry Milkshake Recipe

So Tenille has been posting salads and I've been posting milkshakes and smoothies. I guess we know who has a sweet tooth--not that it is a problem :)  With as hot as it has been these cold drinks sure are refreshing on summer days.


I love milkshakes because they are sooo easy to make and can easily be adapted to personal preferences.  Here is what I did for lunch the other day...

Ingredients:
1 and 1/4 cup prepared Honeyville Strawberry Milk Alternative
1/2 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Strawberries
2 cups Strawberry or Vanilla Ice Cream (about 5-6 good size scoops)

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.  Use more/less prepared Strawberry Milk Alternative to get your milkshake to the desired consistency.  I like thinner milkshakes for slurping but thicker milkshakes when dipping.  Don't tell me you haven't dunked fries in a chocolate shake?!?!  Try it!

What is your favorite milkshake flavor?

Happy Eating!



1 comment:

cq4fun said...

Pineapple, definitely pineapple. And malted. Yum!