Monday, July 30, 2012

Avocado Ranch Spread Recipe



Because of the heat in the summer I usually prefer my meals to be a little lighter.  One of my all time favorites being Bacon Lettuce and Tomato (and Cheese) Sandwiches.  I pumped up the flavor volume to the sandwiches by adding a yummy Avocado Ranch Spread.  The local stores have got a brand new product, Honeyville Buttermilk Powder, which I used to make the spread.

Ingredients:
1 small Avocado, peeled and pit removed
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tbsp dried Parsley
1/2 Tbsp dried Dill
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/3 cup prepared Honeyville Buttermilk

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.  For a thinner spread or salad dressing add more prepared Buttermilk. 

Super easy to throw together right?  I also used the same recipe above but added a little bit more prepared Buttermilk and made it into a salad dressing.


This recipe was a cinch to throw together and tasted great--a win win!  I don't use Buttermilk a whole lot so it is nice to have the convenience of storing it in powder form and make it as needed. 

What are some of your summer go-to recipes?

Happy Eating!

3 comments:

Cami said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy!!!!

lfhpueblo said...

Not an avocado fan, but my husband might like it.

essentialfoodstorage02 said...

Thanks for sharing... I love avocados and it lessens the smelly fish whenever I'm preparing sushi rolls... thanks for another recipes :)