Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bean Salad

You may see a trend from me this summer.....SALADS!!! In the summer time I love salads and in the winter time I love warm food and soups. If I happen to have a warm meal in the summer time it will be thanks to my beloved Sun Oven! But for this post, another delicious salad recipe for you to try: 
Ingredients: 

1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
2 cups Honeyville Freeze Dried Corn
1/4 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Onion (you could also use Dehydrated Onion)
1 jalapeƱo pepper-chopped (and I only used 1/2)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup lime juice
1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup prepared Honeyville Quick Cook Black Beans
1 cup prepared Honeyville Quick Cook Red Beans
2 diced peeled avocados
Salt

Cut the tomatoes and place them in a large bowl. Salt them and let them sit for 10 minutes. Re-hyrdate corn, onions, and beans according to package instructions. Saute corn, onions and jalapeno in olive oil until they start to brown a little. Mix all ingredients together, salt as desired, top with avocados

Enjoy as a salad or a bean dip or throw in a burrito or quesadilla! As we were having leftovers of this salad yesterday my hubby comments how yummy the beans are! Thank you QUICK COOK BEANS.....oh, how I love you!!!


Original recipe came from here

Enjoy!



1 comment:

lfhpueblo said...

Reads like a very yummy recipe.