Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Creamy Turkey Chili Recipe

Soup season it seems like is almost over, but you'll want to make an exception for this recipe!  The recipe is based of this White Chicken Chili recipe from oneshetwoshe.com that my family loves, but I decided to try to use my food storage to make it.  Two thumbs up!


Creamy Turkey Chili
Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups cooked Colorado Beans
1 and 1/2 cups Honeyville Freeze Dried Monterey Jack Cheese
1 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Turkey
1 Tbsp Honeyville Dehydrated Green Onions
1 (2 oz) packet of Shirley J's Whisk Bliss
1 (4 0z) can diced Green Chilies
2 (14.5 oz) can Chicken Broth (or use water and Shirley J's Chicken Bouillon)
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
1/4 tsp Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
In a medium pot, combine all ingredients except Monterey Jack Cheese.  Bring to a boil then reduce heat and gently simmer for 10 minutes.  Turn heat to low and add cheese.  Stir until the cheese is melted and smooth about 5-7 minutes.  Top with additional Green Onions as garnish.  Makes about 4 servings.

I liked the pop of color the Colorado Beans gave but you definitely could use Great Northern Beans instead.  I have a daughter who is learning her colors so it is nice to have bites with different colors for her to name.  My husband and I like to crush a few tortilla chips over the top too. 

We have done a couple of posts about cooking beans (Electric Pressure Cooking Class and Soaking and Cooking Beans).  Even though we eat dinner everyday I sometimes forget to plan for something until about 4pm.  Therefore I really like using the Electric Pressure Cooker--saves me time and my dinner!

What is your favorite soup?

Happy Eating!

No comments: