Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Perfect Taco-Chicken Ranch Taco Recipe

Our family ran across this recipe and we just LOVE IT! It is delicious, the perfect amount of seasoning, and something that we could honestly eat weekly! Last week when we were eating it, I realized this would be the PERFECT "Honeyville" meal! So I whipped it up last night and boy, was I right.....hmmmmm....delicious!







Recipe:
2 cups Honeyville Freeze Dried Chicken
1 pkt. Taco Seasoning (I never use the whole packet)
1/2 cup-3/4 cup of Ranch Dressing
1/2 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Corn
1/2 cup Honeyville Dehydrated Green Onions
1/2 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Cheddar Cheese
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Taco shells or tortillas


Re-hydrate chicken and green onions according to package instructions (I like 'crunch' in my taco so I didn't re-hydrate the corn or cheese, though you certainly can). Once the chicken is re-hydrated, heat in a skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle on dry taco seasoning (do NOT add water). Heat for a minute and then add ranch dressing. Heat thoroughly. Put in taco shell and add toppings.


Not only do I love the taste of this recipe, but it can be changed and adjusted in anyway your family prefers. You could use dehydrated onions, freeze dried onions, you could use another type of freeze dried cheese, you could even whip up some powdered sour creme. So many options! Play around with it and decide what your family likes and you will fall in love with it!!!













Enjoy the tacos! They are my favorite!

8 comments:

Chef Tess said...

I thought I was the only one who liked to use the cheese still crunchy! Xoxo. That stuff is addictive! Great pictures Tenille and I love the idea of ranch with the chicken! I make my own taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix and I think those would be amazing. Mmm. Taco night!!

Anonymous said...

I clicked the chicken link and read the ingredients for the chicken. But since so many places I used to shop at inject their chicken with carrageenan, I just wanted to make sure your chicken doesn't have it.

Cookin' Cousins said...

We will get with our Quality Control Dept and get back to you next week.
Thank you

Anonymous said...

Thanks for looking into it for me. I really hope to try some of the DIY freeze-dried meals that Chef Tess has been posting, since I can't tolerate certain additives found in the pre-made meals.

Shreela

Cookin' Cousins said...

Anonymous, Just wanted to let you know that Honeyville has contacted the supplier, so we are just waiting to hear back from them.
Thank you

Shreela said...

Thanks! The carrageenan-free chicken I was buying locally recently got those gigantic breasts that are tough as leather.

I guess Tyson and Pilgram are artificially pumping up their chicken parts with supposedly-natural carrageenan to make more money per pound, and it seems to me that carrageenan doesn't bother most people, but it causes me such extreme gut swelling that I have to take weak narcotic pills just to handle the pain from the swelling.

I have a somewhat weaker reaction to another natural additive, Annatto, so I'll be limited to your freeze-dried mozzarella.

I found both carrageenan and annatto on a list of excitotxins, which is supposedly what cause people to be sensitive to MSG, but I don't think MSG bothers me LOL, but since doing non-additive foods the last few years, I can't be sure anymore.

I originally wanted your chicken to make up hurricane/inflation preps, but now that my safe chicken is tough as leather, I'll probably bulk order yours (assuming no added carrageenan).

Shreela said...

Hi, still wondering if there's carrageenan in the chicken, thanks again.

Cookin' Cousins said...

Shreela,

Sorry about the delay in your answer. We have been told that there is no guarantee about the carrageenan because our chicken comes from several different sources. I am so sorry not to have a better answer for you.