Friday, March 2, 2012

Apple Pie Pancake Recipe

On Saturday mornings I like to make breakfast and have the family eat together. Usually no one is in a hurry to get to work and staying in jammies for awhile is encouraged!  I've really enjoyed Honeyville Multi-Grain Pancake Mix and thought I'd play with it and combine it with a couple other ingredients and I came up with Apple Pie Pancakes!  If you've read the blog for awhile you know I love my desserts and I love breakfast foods, so um yeah, I was excited about this concoction!


Pin It


Apple Pie Pancakes
Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups Honeyville Multi-Grain Pancake Mix
2 cups Honeyville Freeze Dried Apples
3 cups Water
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Maple Syrup and Caramel Topping for drizzling

Directions:
In a bowl combine the Water and Freeze Dried Apples.  Let them sit for a few minutes to hydrate.  Do NOT drain water.  (Side note:  I used the small can of Freeze Dried Apples and my apples pieces were small dices.  If you have the larger chunk pieces I'd roughly chop them into smaller pieces before adding them into the water just so the pieces fit better in the pancake.)  To the Water and Apples add the Multi-Grain Pancake Mix, Vanilla, and Cinnamon.  Stir with whisk until large lumps disappear.  Over-mixing may toughen pancakes.  Preheat electric griddle to 375 degrees.  Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake on a well greased griddle.  Turn pancakes once edges set, bubbles appear, and bottoms are golden brown.


Because I am the mom and I make the rules I decided it was okay for my stack of pancakes to have a duo drizzle of Maple Syrup and Caramel Topping on my pancakes.  Oh so glad I did!  I think the caramel helped to give it more of the Apple Pie taste.  I did try some with just Maple Syrup and that was really good too.


This batch made about 18 pancakes, which was more than we were going to eat in one sitting.  I decided to wrap up the leftover pancakes in pairs in aluminum foil and freeze them.  I've pulled out a set when I wanted some throughout the week and put them in the toaster to revitalize them.  They worked fantastic!  


My family loved these and I hope you do too!  The Multi-Grain Pancake Mix is a new item in our retail stores, ask about them your next shopping trip.

So let's share...what's your favorite way to eat Pancakes or breakfast dish?

Happy Eating!

3 comments:

Cami said...

Who wouldn't want to eat that for breakfast!?

Brenda Dlr said...

These sound wonderful! Yum!

To answer your question:
Everyone thinks it's crazy, until they try it... but my very favorite way to have pancakes is with peanut butter and syrup on them. Oh so good! Don't knock it until you've tried it! My husband has been converted!

Chef Tess said...

Oh I can see soooo many things with these! Wow! Just wow!! Okay. Since you asked...I'd make these with mango or peach with the apple and add a drizzle of the caramel honey sauce, chopped macadamia nuts and some toasted coconut. Holy cow. I just made myself drool. Xoxo!! Love this post my dear!!