Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tasty Rice Pudding with Parboiled Rice Recipe



My hubby loves rice pudding. Frankly, just the thought of rice and milk together  for the longest time made me turn my head and not even try it. I have tried it, it was okay, I could swallow it, but I couldn't say that I liked it. I am not sure if it is because I am getting older and wiser (ha, ha!) or if my taste buds are changing, but I can say that I do like rice pudding. It doesn't make my 10 favorite foods, but I can sit down and eat a bowl and enjoy it. So here is our Rice Pudding Recipe using Parboiled Rice. And you know what, I LOVE Parboiled Rice! I like how it tastes, I like how it looks, and I LOVE the nutritional value on it!


2 cups prepared Honeyville Parboiled Rice
1 Tbsp. Butter
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
3 Tbsp. Sugar

Make sure that you make the milk substitute ahead of time and let it chill. Prepare parboiled rice.
Bring mixture to a boil, stirring continually for about 3 minutes or until desired texture. Serve warm.


Enjoy!



No comments: