Friday, January 13, 2012

Quinoa Vegetable Salad Recipe

At this time of the year I crave something a little more healthy. I just got done shoving every little piece of junk food possible into my mouth for the holidays and I go to bed full and completely feeling overly stuffed with all the food I had consumed during the day. So usually January is my time to feel better about myself, stop consuming all the chocolate, cookies, candy, etc..... So if you are in anyway like me (come on! There are a few of you, right? I can't be the only one who feels like they need to cleanse their body of all the sugar intake?) here is a simple, fast, health-ish  salad for you:

Quinoa Vegetable Salad

1 cup Honeyville Quinoa
2 cups Water
1/2 cup Honeyville Freeze Dried Onions
1 Tbls. Garlic Powder
1/2 cup Almonds
2 Tbls. Soy Sauce
optional: 1 cup Craisins (these are not pictured below, but I did try it and it adds a wonderful flavor to the salad!!!)

Directions:
Bring the Quinoa and water to a boil, reduce to low heat, cover, and let it simmer until the Quinoa is soft and tender (about 15 minutes). Let it cool
Rehydrate Onions, Broccoli, Peas, and Sweet Potatoes according to instructions. Drain.
Mix all ingredients together. Eat immediately or let it chill

 Eat it up! And feel good that you choose a healthy meal in place of a piece of pie and ice cream!


2 comments:

Chef Tess said...

OH.My.Gosh. I made this salad and have been in LOVE! It's amazing!! Thank you for sharing ladies! I'm a huge fan!!

Deborah Jennings said...

Thank you so much for doing this blog. I have received so much good information from here. Now to get some of the dehydrated items from the store. I have saved the pdf file for the price list. Again, thank you so much!