Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Mexican Haystacks Recipe

Need a quick, easy, yummy recipe? This one fits that category perfectly! It is easy to make, you can make it for 1 person or you can feed a party! And our family LOVES IT! We call it Mexican Haystacks and here are the ingredients we chose to use, but of course, add your own favorite topping to yours. And I used the NEW Quick Cook Dehydrated Black Beans (oh, how I LOVE them!).

Mexican Haystacks

Amounts according to your needs:
Honeyville Quick Cook Dehydrated Black Beans
Avocado
Tomatoes
Cilantro
Chips
Choice of Dressing


Prepare rice, beans, chicken, and sour cream according to package instructions. Re-hydrate corn, green onions, and cheese.
Scoop up desired amount of rice, and top with; corn, beans, chicken, green onions, cheese, avocado, sour cream, tomatoes, cilantro, chips and choice of dressing

I think one of my most favorite parts of this meal is the colorfulness of it!! Ha, ha....I seriously believe that when meals are colorful they taste better!

Enjoy every bite!


2 comments:

Chef Tess said...

Is this the recipe on the new cans of quick cook black beans? I was looking at it yesterday and now after seeing the picture I know I have to try it! Fabulous! Gorgeous picture!

Cookin' Cousins said...

Yes, this is the same recipe and it is FABULOUS! You will have to try it and let me know what you think.