Oh, how I have LOVED trying all the Shirley J products that the Retail Stores have on sale this week (sale ends tomorrow, Saturday). They have all been wonderful and the Cinnamon Rolls were NO exception!
1. Combine 6 cups of Shirley J Sweet Roll Mix, 2 TBS yeast and mix with an electric mixer for 15 seconds.
2. Add 1 1/2 cups warm water (105-110 degrees) and mix on first speed for 30 seconds. Then increase to second speed for 10 minutes, or until dough is smooth, dry and elastic
3. Place dough into lightly sprayed bowl then cover and let raise in warm area for 15 minutes
4. Roll out dough into a rectangle (no judging my rectangle...ha, ha) on floured surface and flatten to approx. 1/2 inch thick
5. Spread softened butter onto dough and sprinkle cinnamon, brown sugar, raisins and nuts, if desired. (I totally forgot to take a picture of this, sorry)
6. Roll up dough into a log form. Cut approximately 1/2 inch thick slices and place on sprayed baking sheet
7. Cover with towel and place in warm place for rolls to raise for approximately 40-50 mins. (picture is right before the towel got put on)
8. Preheat oven to 370 degrees. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Frosting (from ShirleyJ.com):
1 stick of Butter, softened
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
3 1/2 cups of Powdered Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
These rolls were very good! I baked one pan in the oven and I even put one pan in my Sun Oven. I couldn't tell a difference, they both were fabulous!
Enjoy! Enjoy! Remember the Retail Store Sale ends tomorrow.