Thursday, November 10, 2011

Crepes-Shirley J

It's 10pm and my hubby and I wanted a little snack. So what do we do.....we whipped up some fast, easy, yummy Crepes made from Shirley J's  Sweet Roll Mix. They hit the spot and fulfilled that craving we were having!

Here is the original recipe:
1 cup Shirley J Universal Sweet Roll Mix
3/4 cup Milk
4 Eggs
1 Tbs. Sugar

Here is my "Honeyville" way:
1 cup Shirley J Universal Sweet Roll Mix
3/4 cup Water
2 1/2 Tbs. Honeyville Powdered Milk  (the substitute or non-fat  powdered milk)
1/2 cup  Honeyville Powdered Egg + 1 cup Water
1 Tbs. Sugar

Combine all the ingredients together and mix together until smooth. Take 1/4 cup and pour onto a buttered griddle. Flip to make sure both sides are cooked until brown.
Fill crepes with desired fruit, creme, pudding, syrup, etc...

We chose to make Honeyville Chocolate Pudding and throw some whip cream on it. But my mind was spinning and I thought you could re-hydrate the Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, or even use Callie's Fruit Syrup Recipe.
 It was delicious!!



1 comment:

Chef Tess said...

OH I'm SOOO trying this! Oh. Now you got my brain going! This would make the cutest Holiday gift set! You could combine all the dry ingredients for your recipe in a baggie and attach the cooking directions. Give it along with a special Honeyville syrup (um...the apricot or caramel honey sauce come to mind) and what a cute and thoughtful neighbor gift! I make crepe mix from food storage without the Shriley J, but what a fast way to do it! Brilliant!