Monday, June 6, 2011

Pudding Pops

What's an aunt to do when babysitting some of the 4 cutest kids on the planet?  Well she's to spoil them with treats of course!  I told the kids when they came over they had a very important job to do--be my taste testing panel.  They took the job very seriously and came up with their own rating system.  They went with the thumb method and rated these Two Thumbs Up!  The youngest child (age 3) had evidence of the goodness from nose to chin.  Being messy never was so adorable!

I made pudding pops in the morning and they were ready to go by the time the kiddos arrived.


Recipe Adapted from Kraftfoods.com

Ingredients:
1 cup Honeyville's Pudding Mix, any flavor
3 cups prepared Honeyville's Milk Substitute
2/3 cup Whipped Topping
Optional Mix Ins: Honeyville's Freeze Dried Fruit, crushed cookies, etc.

Directions:
Blend together the Pudding Mix and the Milk.  Stir until smooth.  Gently fold in Whipped Topping and any Mix-Ins. 


Spoon into paper or plastic cups (about 1/2 cup in each cup). 


Insert a wooden Popsicle stick or plastic spoon for the handle.  I used plastic baby spoons.  Freeze 5 hours or until firm.

To remove pudding pops from cup run warm water over the outside of the cup for 10-15 seconds.  Push up on bottom of cup to release. 


I wanted a variety of flavors so when making the pudding I used 1/2 cup Vanilla Pudding mix and 1/2 cup Chocolate Pudding mix.  Also I didn't add any mix-ins until I was making the individual cups.  I added some rehydrated Freeze Dried Raspberries to my Vanilla Pudding cups.

These were very easy to make and the kids really liked them.  I was able to give them each a treat and send them outside to play.  Bring on the summer and thanks kids for being my taste testers!  A job very well done!

Happy Summer!

3 comments:

Cami said...

Funnest Aunt ever! These look delicious, I think you should make them for the next family get together. Yum!

Brad and Jamie said...

Thanks for feeding my kiddos! They LOVED them! You, my awesome sister, are 2 thumbs wayyyyyy up!!!!!!

sunnymum said...

Fun treat for the kids! Love the idea of mix-ins too. Thanks for sharing!