Monday, June 20, 2011

Fruit Yogurt Salad

When my family gets together there seem to be certain dishes that always make an appearance.  Not in a bad way as in "we love them and want to eat them often" sort of way.  This salad is one of those for my family.  First off it is super delicious and when I recently tried it with Freeze Dried Fruits it was even easier to put together!

Ingredients:
1 cup Honeyville's Freeze Dried Bananas
3/4 cup Honeyville's Freeze Dried Strawberries
1/2 cup Honeyville's Freeze Dried Blueberries
1/2 cup Honeyville's Freeze Dried Raspberries
3/4 cup Honeyville's Freeze Dried Blackberries
8 oz Whipped Topping
2 lbs. Yogurt, any flavor but I like strawberry or peach the best (the 2 lbs is the big container you can get grocery store)

Directions:
Rehydrate the Freeze Dried Fruits.  I rehydrated all my berries together, but did the bananas in a separate dish because I didn't want the berry juice to influence their taste.  I let the fruit sit in the water for about 20 minutes and then drain them WELL.  In a large bowl, combine the yogurt and whipped topping.  Gently mix together until blended but avoid over stirring.  Fold in the fruit.

And that's it my friends--how easy-peasy is that?!?!  Trust me this dish will be gobbled up.  It's great as a side or sometimes we get all crazy and put them on top of Waffles for a gourmet twist. 


You really can use a variety of fruit, whatever your family likes.  I've done the salad with just bananas and strawberries or I've added peaches when using peach flavored yogurt.  I can eat this for breakfast or for dinner.  This Fruit Yogurt Salad is a crowd pleaser!

Happy Eating!





PS  The Retail Stores have my favorite Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix on sale through Saturday, June 25.  It's great for everyday but it is an easy thing to take with you camping because you just add water!

No comments: