Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spaghetti

So, who doesn't like pasta??? It is such an easy meal to make and it's my "go to meal." You know, the nights when you didn't have anything planned, or ran out of time, or just needed something fast and you don't want Chicken Nuggets again? I always whip out the pasta and pasta sauce and you have a meal!
Well this time, I thought I would give Honeyville's Tomato Powder (LOVE this product!!! You can make sauce, paste, or anything tomato-ish out of this Powder) a shot and since the Shirley J is on sale and I have only heard wonderful things about it...I tried the Shirley J Pizza  and Pasta Seasoning. 
SO EASY and SOOOOO YUMMY!!!
I made up the pasta. And for the sauce I did 2 1/2 cups of water to 1 cup of Honeyville's Tomato Powder. That made about 2 1/4 cup of sauce. The Shirley J calls for 1 TBSP of Seasoning per cup of sauce. So I added just a little more than 2 TBSP. I also like peppers in my Spaghetti....so I grabbed a handful of Honeyville's Freeze Dried Pepper mix and added that (I didn't rehydrate them because I do like them crunchy, but you could totally throw those, or any kind of veggies in with the Spaghetti while it is cooking)

Like meat in your Spaghetti? You could always throw in some of Honeyville's Freeze Dried Ground Beef.

Then I served the Spaghetti with Honeyville's Buttermilk Biscuit mix (yummy!)....I will post more about the biscuits next week...but they are good!

No comments: