Friday, February 18, 2011

NEW Product-Creamy Potato Cheese and Broccoli Cheese Soups

I'd like to introduce you all to 2 new members of the Honeyville Farms Family:

Creamy Potato Cheese Soup  and Broccoli Cheese Soup
These soups are super brand new.  The retail stores should be getting their shipments within the week.  Call and ask about them.  Internet customers be sure to request them so they get added to the online offerings! 

The soups have a 3 to 5 year shelf life if unopened and stored in a cool dry place.  Once opened you'll want to use them within the year. 

I tried out the Creamy Potato Cheese Soup last night for dinner.  Yummy!  It was so very easy to make. 

Once your water is boiling, whisk in the soup.  Make sure you are using a large enough pot because the mixture starts bubbling up pretty fast.

Reduce the heat and let it gently boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.  It will thicken upon standing. Salt and Pepper to taste.  I didn't think it needed any salt, so I just added some black pepper on top.

I ate mine with a couple of slices of Homemade French Bread and it really hit the spot.  The soup had a smooth, creamy texture like you'd expect from a good chowder.  My husband really liked it.  He even thought it was homemade! 

Happy Eating!





PS For those in the Salt Lake area don't forget about the class this Saturday February 19th at 10am.  You'll be learning All About Beans.

2 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller said...

How is it the next day? Some soups I think are better a day old.

Cookin' Cousins said...

Aimee- Great question I thought about that AFTER we ate everything so I don't have any leftovers. I'll make another batch and report!

Thanks for reading!