Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Oatmeal/4 Grain Bread

Thank you to Cathy for submitting this bread recipe! I have to tell you that we LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe!!! We try and make it once a week in our family and it's easy & delicious!

The recipe:

 2 Tbs. Instant Yeast (sold in Retail Stores)
3 cups Boiling Water
3/4 cup Honey (sold in Retail Stores)
1/2 cup of Honeyville's Powdered butter (+3 teaspoons water)
1 Tbs. Salt
6 1/2 cups of Alta Flour Unbleached (sold in Retail Stores)
4 Tbs of Honeyville's Powdered Eggs (+ 8 Tbs. water)

In a large mixing bowl combine water, oats, honey, butter & salt. Add eggs. Cool a little then begin to add 2 cups of flour, yeast, vital wheat gluten, and dough conditioner. Add remaining flour or until you have moderately stiff dough. Mix until smooth if using a mixer or knead dough until elastic.

Let dough rest and rise. Punch dough down, form into loaves. Raise and bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 mins or until tapped and sounds hollow. 

Makes about 2 loaves.

Tenille's opinion: Sometimes I use more flour. Today, I had to use about 2 cups more flour. So remember the flour is just an estimated amount. I usually get 2 LARGE loaves and a small loaf.
It's super yummy!

 First set of ingredients (minus salt & water)

Powdered Dried Whole Eggs in the Can
Add the eggs..... (they are almost is stock!! We will let you know as soon as we hear anything!)

 ....then the flour (not pictured), the yeast, vital wheat gluten, and dough conditioner

 Start mixing....

 Let is rest and rise...punch down, form into loaves, and let loaves rise...



Bake and enjoy some YUMMY bread!!! Remember no judging....yes, I don't form my bread very pretty. I understand that most of you would form your bread much better than mine. But the truth is, I just love the taste and the form/shape of bread doesn't bother me, so I don't take the time to make it look pretty, just the time to make it taste good! 
Like I said, my family LOVES this bread. Try it and let us know what you think!


No comments: