Saturday, January 29, 2011

Almond Flour Snickerdoodle Cookies

Hello you Almond Flour Lovers! Here is one last recipe for you...I apologize there are no pictures for this one (sorry!!!)

Snickerdoodle Cookies:

1/2 cup of butter*
1 cup Splenda
2 Tbsp of Honeyville's Powdered Eggs (+ 4 Tbsp water)-equivalent to 1 egg
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar

*Butter: I made this recipe twice. The first time I used Powdered Butter and they turned out okay. For some reason the real butter helped the cookies turn out a little better. I think the Powdered Butter is good, I have used it several other times, but for this particular recipe I suggest real butter.

Mix together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. 
Roll dough into balls and roll in Cinnamon/Sugar mix:
2 Tbsp. Splenda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Put on ungreased cookie sheet and bake fore 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.

Enjoy those cookies!!


5 comments:

Code80 said...

Keep them coming!

LivingLifeLusciously! said...

I made these using Pyure stevia blend instead of Splenda, Spectrum butter flavor shortening, and Ideal xylitol for the outside and the taste was impressive. They did burn however, and I know next time I make these, I will flatten them out as they did not flatten out much and stayed thick in the middle, hence I burned it leaving it a little longer to cook. Love this recipe. I might even try it with coconut manna instead of shortening next time to see how it comes out and to make it a little more nutritious. thank you!!!!

BarbH said...

I made these cookies and as another post recommended I flattened them before baking. Worked great. They are so good, especially for breakfast with a good cup of coffee. I did mix equal parts of splenda and erythritol as the sweetener. Thanks for the help with recipes that keep blood sugar in check and make for healthy eating.

Anonymous said...

Could you specify exactly what form of Splenda you are referring to? I suspect it's the fluffy baking Splenda that comes in a bag??

bakingchic said...

Could you sub regular sugar for the splenda?