Friday, December 3, 2010

New Product in Retail Store!

We have 2 new products in the Retail Stores that I am SUPER SUPER excited about!!!!! I have been patiently waiting for these items and wanted to pass on the good news!

The first product: FREEZE DRIED BELL PEPPERS!!!!!!

It is a 4 oz. #10 can with Red, Green, & Yellow Peppers. And let me tell you....they are FANTASTIC!! The flavor is awesome and I love all the colors (yes, I am one who loves eating colorful meals)! We got the can on Monday and in the last 4 days I have used them in multiple meals. We first snacked on them, used them in our egg burritos, pasta, and pizza. I have to say that these are one of my new favorite products, and my husbands too! Every time I turn around he is grabbing a handful to add to his meal! Ha, ha! I have not actually re-hydrated them before using, because I am okay with a little crunch if it doesn't fully re-hydrate. I have just thrown in a random amount when making the food. You have got to try some!












The shelf life of the unopened can is 5-10 years 

Once opened you typically have 12-18 months depending on how you store the product.  Personally, I like to store all my opened product in a gallon size zip lock bag, with as much air out as I can get, and then I put the bag back in the #10 can with the lid on it. This way if I don't put the lid back on tight I don't have to worry as much about my product going bad (or spilling out when my kids try and grab the can) and I also found that my product lasts longer than just leaving it in the can. But again, that is just my personal opinion.

And remember, there are no additives or preservatives in our Freeze Dried Fruits & Veggies. So this can just has Freeze Dried Green, Red, & Yellow Pepper.

The next product: Sour Cream Powder (YAY!!!)


This product comes in a #10 can with 2.5 lbs of sour cream powder.
To be honest, I have not tried it yet....it is on my menu in the next couple of days though. But I have been waiting and waiting for this product. So many of my recipes call for Sour Cream and honestly, how do you store sour cream for long periods of time??? I'll keep you updated on what I think about the Sour Cream.

The unopened can will last 5-10 years. 
Once opened, I would suggest storing it in the refrigerator or freezer to extend the shelf life, but it does not need to be refrigerated.

Have fun shopping! And let us know what you think about these new products.


No comments: