Saturday, December 11, 2010

Microwave Popcorn Popper

My family loves the microwave popper! 
Yummy Honeyville Popcorn sold separately from Microwave Popper.
It couldn't be more simple to use.  Add the popcorn to the popper bowl (about 1/4 cup is what we do) cover with the lid.  Microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until popping almost stops (we use the "Popcorn" setting on our microwave).  Carefully take the bowl out of the microwave--it'll be HOT!  Season how desired.  We like to lightly drizzle it with some melted butter and some salt of course! 

No oil is needed to pop the corn.  The bowl, lid, and microwave work the magic!  You will have some unpopped kernels but not a whole lot. 

I like popcorn because I don't feel guilty if I eat a whole bowl by myself.  It's such a low calorie food (before you load on the butter, seasonings, etc).  I have friends that like to pour some Milk Duds or Jr. Mints in with their popcorn but I have yet to try that.  I am kind of Plain Jane I guess! 

How do you like your popcorn?

Happy Eating!

4 comments:

Aimee Fuller said...

You definitely need to try pouring milk duds into the mix. Tastes like carmel popcorn.

Brenda said...

I had a friend who poured peanut m&ms into the popcorn at the movies. The salty popcorn and then the occasional sweet candy really made for a great treat! Try it!

Nellie said...

Can I use this popcorn to make corn bread or grits???

tina said...

I absolutely love pouring the entire box of milk duds into the popcorn. The sweet chocolate and salt is fabulous! Gotta try this popcorn.