Friday, November 19, 2010

Chocolate Banana Pie

Another pie option for the Holidays! The original recipe was Paula Deen's found at FoodNetwork.com. Of course I tweaked it a little bit:

-2 1/2 cups of Honeyville's Freeze Dried Banana's (not re-hydrated)
-1 (8 ounce) package Cream Cheese
-1 (15 ounce) container Ricotta Cheese
-1/2 cup of Honeyville's Sugar
-1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
-3/4 cup Cocoa Powder

-1 Graham Cracker Pie Crust
-Whipped Cream (for the topping)-some of the Retail Stores sell Gossner's Whip Cream and this would be the PERFECT topping! 
-Honeyville's Dehydrated Banana Chips, crushed (for the topping)


In a mixer, or with your hand mixer (I used my hand mixer, but next time I will use my Bosch...I think a mixer would have been a lot easier) combine re-hydrated banana's, cream cheese, ricotta cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Mix well.

 Slowly beat in cocoa powder to avoid dry pockets

 Pour into pie crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours

 Top with whipped cream and banana chips

Enjoy!

Honest Opinion: It was good. I am not a cream cheese fan or a pie fan....so I can't say I thought it was delicious, but I had several bites and my child really liked it. I am having others try it today, so we will see what they say. It looks delicious though; who wouldn't like chocolate, banana's and whip cream? I am just crazy!


1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm sure the pie was absolutely delicious. If the pie is a bit grainy, just throw all the ingredients (without the re-hydrated bananas) into the blender. It has saved me several times (when things seize, or powdered sugar is leaving lumps, or when homemade pudding has lumps, or when ricotta cheese is added and does not mix in smoothly). What could be bad with this pie? I love everything in it and the pie should be great. I don't have all the ingredients so can't make it now, but will. Thanks for the recipe.