Saturday, October 30, 2010

Zucchini Cookies

It took me a week longer than I wanted it to....BUT I made the Zucchini Cookies yesterday and let me tell you, they turned out AWESOME!!!! Everyone that tried them thought they were moist and tasted incredible! I have to say, that I have made Zucchini Cookies before from fresh Zucchini, but I honestly think these ones tasted a lot better. I have to warn you, the pictures just don't show their true tastiness!

 Here's the recipe I used:

2 cups of Honeyville's Brown Sugar
 2 1/2-2 3/4 cups of Honeyville's Freeze Dried Zucchini** (equivalent to 2 cups of grated Zucchini)
1 cup Vegetable Oil
4 Tbsp of Honeyville's  Powdered Eggs + 8 Tbsp of Water
4 cups of Honeyville's Flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Ginger
1 tsp. Cinnamon
2 tsp. Vanilla

Optional ingredients:
Raisins
Nuts
Chocolate Chips


So I thought quite a bit about how I was going to get grated zucchini from FD Zucchini.....now many of you 'Kitchen Wizards' are going to laugh at me (my hubby did!). At first I thought, "why not just put them in the blender before I re-hydrate them? The blender will chop them up and then I will add water to them?" DOES NOT WORK!!! The blender makes them powder. Yes, and my dear sweet husband, watched me and tried really hard not to laugh and say, "I told you so!"
So my hubby, much smarter than I, knew that if I would re-hydrate them FIRST and then stick them in the blender it would work out perfectly! I still doubted, but tried it....and yes, it worked out perfectly! Don't blend too much, or you will get mush.

The recipe calls for 2 cups shredded zucchini. I did about 2 1/2-2 3/4 cup of FD Zucchini, before it is re-constituted. I felt like that was a good measurement and it turned out great. It may have been a little more than I needed, but it still worked.


Mix the ingredients together and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 mins.


hmmmm......yummy! I think I will go have one right now!
Enjoy!


No comments: