Thursday, September 16, 2010

Strawberry Sorbet


I tried it! I tried it! I made the homemade Strawberry Sorbet in my ice cream maker using Honeyville's Freeze Dried Strawberries. And once again, I was impressed and it turned out yummy!

Recipe:

1/3 c Sugar
2/3 c Water
2 tsp. Lemon Juice

Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer until sugar dissolves. Remove and cool completely (I did this the night before and put it in the refrigerator). Combine with strawberries and lemon juice and puree. Pour into ice cream maker.
 *this is the amount before re-hydrating. I did re-hydrate the strawberries
(Opinion: super easy, little ingredients, made very little Sorbet)









Enjoy!!!

I just heard a rumor that honeyvillefarms.net put a coupon on their website for the Retail Stores for THIS WEEKEND ONLY. I went and checked it out and it's true! The coupon is for 20% off #10 cans of Freeze Dried Meat (up to 12 cans). Trust me when I say this is a GREAT coupon! The coupon started today and goes through Saturday. Make sure to print it out before you head to the store.
I will try and post some things I have done with the Freeze Dried Chicken tomorrow. The meat is fabulous, you can't go wrong!