Friday, September 3, 2010

Crepes

I think I have mentioned before that our family loves a GOOD breakfast!! This morning for breakfast we had some Crepes, thanks to some yummy Honeyville Farms product. 
We didn't really follow a recipe, so I will do my best to describe what we did do:

1. We used the Honeyville Farms Pancake & Waffle Mix. Can I just say this is one of the most DELICIOUS products Honeyville carries. I am not exaggerating! Once you try this pancake mix you will NEVER and I mean NEVER go back to the other stuff you have been using. This pancake mix is so easy to make, just add water, and since it is made from the finest ingredients, the pancakes turn out perfect! My family eats them about 3 times a week and my kids beg for them more than that! Okay, enough about pancakes, have I convinced you to try some yet???

As for the crepes, we used a 1 to 1 ratio: 1 cup of pancake mix to 1 cup of water. It was really thin batter and perfect for thicker crepes (of course you can make them thinner if you want)

2. While cooking the crepes (just like you do pancakes), we re-hydrated Honeyville Farms Freeze Dried Banana's & Blueberries.
Re-hydrating the fruit is super easy. Put the fruit in a bowl of water and let it sit.



3. Then fill the crepes with desired filling.....we used whip creme and the fruit. 

Several views of our yummy breakfast!! 
Enjoy, because we sure did!!!

2 comments:

Aimee Fuller said...

I'm a HUGE fan of the pancake mix but have never thought to try it as a crepe mix. After this post it's definitely going on my 'must try' list.

Julie Avery said...

I loooove the Pancake Mix...thanks for the crepe idea!