Monday, September 6, 2010

Banana Bread

I was craving Banana Bread ...have I mentioned I am pregnant?....so you can imagine I make what I crave!! Ha, ha!! Anyway, I made the bread with Freeze Dried Banana's and guess what?!?! It turned out AWESOME! To be honest, I was really doubtful. I haven't had too much experience with re-hydrating fruits and using them in my cooking. So the whole time I was thinking, "What if this doesn't turn out?" "What am I going to tell the readers?" "Will I even post this and admit I can't cook?" "Oh, PLEASE turn out!" But seriously, it turned out to be very yummy, and even a little better than using over-riped banana's!

Recipe:
-1 cup of Sugar

-1/4 cup of Honeyville Farms Powdered Shortening & 2 3/4 Tbsp of water (equivalent to 1/2 cup of Shortening)

-4 Tbsp of Honeyville Farms Powdered Eggs & 8 Tbsp of water (equvialnt to 2 eggs)












-1 Tbsp of Milk (I totally could have used Honeyville Farms Powdered Milk....totally wasn't thinking!)

-4 cups of Honeyville's Freeze Dried Banana's: Re-hydrate them (once they re-hydrate, it shrinks to about 2 cups. This is equivilant to about 3 mashed banana's)




-2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice

-1 tsp. Baking Soda

-2 cups Flour

-1/2 tsp. Salt

Mix all the ingredients together (add nuts or chocolate chips if desired)


Pour into greased bread pans &
Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour







And look at that!!! Yummy looking and yummy tasting Banana Bread!!
Enjoy!


2 comments:

Brian~Cami~Rian said...

Pregnant! Congrats! My family never tells me anything. :)

I just made banana bread yesterday in fact. This looks like it turned out great!

Rebecca said...

I was thinking about making banana bread with those freeze dried bananas! I'm so glad to hear yours turned out so well!!