Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Homemade Granola Bars

Our family LOVES Granola I thought, how hard can homemade granola bars be??? It's so simple to make and hardly takes any time!

Here is the recipe that I used:
                  4 1/2 cups Honeyville's 6 grain rolled mix
                  1 cup all-purpose flour
                  1 teaspoon baking soda
                  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
                  2/3 cup butter, softened (I used Honeyville's Powdered Butter)
                  1/2 cup honey
                  1/3 cup packed brown sugar
                  2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
                  2 TBS of craisins
                  1/4 c. of coconut
Notice the Honeyville's Powdered Butter? I used 18 TBS of powder to 8 tsp. of water and whipped it up until it looked like softened easy!

Mix all the ingredient together. I used my Bosch, but you could use any mixer you had, even the good ole spoon and hand!

Once sticky, put in a 9x13 greased pan and bake at 325 degrees for 18-22 mins. It will turn golden brown and look delicious!

Let the granola bars cool for 10 minutes and then cut and enjoy!!! YUMMY!!! Happy family!


Julie Avery said...

look sooo yummy and healthy!

sherigaul said...

The only thing I would add to this recipe is a little flax seed for those looking for ways to lower cholesterol and add Omega 3 in their diets.